Arete Property are happy to advise of the best outcome for you. Not only do we purchase ‘As Is Where Is’ properties but we also repair them on behalf on clients who have been cash settled. It can overwhelming to undertake on your own but Arete Property are experienced in the art of converting an ‘As Is Where Is’ property into a fully repaired, renovated, insurable home/building.
Arete Property have been involved in well over 150 full repairs and we would bring this knowledge and experience to your project. As long as we deem your property to be repairable, we are happy to help you through the project from start to finish. Our building company – Monarch Construction – are experienced in the As Is Where Is repair methodology and bolstered by a team of reliable sub contractors, we manage your project in an efficient and communicative manner.
How do I begin the repair process with Arete?
1. Firstly, we visit the property to chat about your options, budget and expectations.
2. We then scope the project to ensure it’s suitable for repair. Once both parties are happy that the property can be fully repaired and renovated to the clients expectations then we engage the engineering team to commission a new, up to date report.
3. We work to the latest engineering report which is our road map back to a reinsurable standard. We can read EQC scopes but these are quite often outdated. Being 8 plus years old and not completed by qualified engineers, they’re often surplus to requirements and a new structural engineers report supersedes older documentation.
4. Arete and Monarch Construction will quote the job from start to finish and ensure that it fits with the client’s budget and time-frames. Once a scope is agreed, we organise time-frames to begin the project. If you need to move out of the dwelling during the repair, Arete have a number of options for short-term accomodation in one of our luxury rental homes.
5. Arete submit all required documentation to council and once approved, Monarch Construction will begin the project. We can even handle the Contract Works Insurance Policy which is required to insure you for the value of work being carried out on the property.
6. Monarch Construction prepare the site and communicate throughout the project. We can handle all foundation works from Type B – ring foundation and piles – to Type C -concrete slab – we can work to all TC classifications (TC1, TC2 and TC3) and a PS1 (Producer Statement) supplied by a structural engineer will be the guideline to ensure the foundation is fully repaired. The property will simultaneously internally renovated/repaired as per the client request, again we can handle this aspect of the job.
7. Once structural works are complete, we can offer assistance in the application for full insurance. The Producer Statements supplied by the contractors including the all important PS4 (engineers sign off) from a structural engineer will provide the re-insurer with full confidence that the dwelling has been competently repaired.
Arete Property aim to make the ‘As Is’ repair methodology as easy and pain-free as possible. So if you have just received your cash settlement from your insurance company and want to do your own repairs, contact us today to see how we can help you.